The Third Dimension
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Third Dimension

An unescapable family of stupidity

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

An exciting announcement regarding the re-uploading of the Stupid Mario series!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Monkey-Chicken
True Warrior
Monkey-Chicken

KJC Character
Name: SuperEvilChach
Alignment: Evil

An exciting announcement regarding the re-uploading of the Stupid Mario series! Empty
PostSubject: An exciting announcement regarding the re-uploading of the Stupid Mario series!   An exciting announcement regarding the re-uploading of the Stupid Mario series! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2024 10:11 pm

Good evening everyone, I come bearing fantastic news regarding the re-uploading of Stupid Mario content as a whole! Recently a few days ago I came across a Reddit thread after finally remembering to include "Reddit" along "Google Video Archive" in my searches, and it provided links to resources that have proven useful in regards to finding, as of today anyway, almost all of Handy Man's creations once more! A few days after I made a post on the thread just in case Starcraft88 aka sindexmon (a person that was taking requests to find content) may have seen it, they indeed replied right away, actually came onto the Discord, and clarified that they were the compiler of a way to search Archive Team's Google Video Archive itself. I'm still in the mental state of processing all of what's occurred today as of this moment, just from how fast everything occurred so amazingly! I realize there may not be many of the original fans left that once were, but I'm making this post anyhow because I'm just that excited to discuss this wonderful development with all of you guys! I'll be posting all of the resources below that will allow you to explore the Google Video Archive as a whole if you like, as well as the spreadsheet containing all sorts of links to many of HM's creations!

Reddit thread explaining the listed Google Video Archive resources.

Google Video Downloader

Google Video Metadata .txt file

The Spreadsheet Containing HM's Old Videos

VLC Media Player Website

You'll definitely need to download VLC to play any of the files listed under the video column in the spreadsheet. To open them from the VLC player itself, add ".flv" to the end of the file name.

Internet Archive Re-Uploads Playlist

YouTube Re-Uploads Playlist

Thanks once again to Starcraft88/sindexmon for the awesome compiler he's created, as without you we may have very well never seen anything pertaining to Stupid Mario once more. You're a true champion to all fans of Stupid Mario, and perhaps Google Video archival itself! Finally, to everyone who reads this, happy watching!

1/22/2024 - Update: Figured out how to open them from the VLC player itself, so I've made sure to edit that step.

1/22/2024 - Update 2: I should also give a quick shout out to ArchiveTeam for preserving the video files in the first place, as without them, much video history such as what's featured here would certainly be lost! I only hope that one day companies like Google try to take preservation as seriously as ArchiveTeam had. I personally believe there's absolutely no reason, as far as I know anyhow, that Google can't store data that probably doesn't even fill a millionth of the storage amount they possess overall, even back when they decided to shut the original Google Video service down. Hopefully this coming quote summarizes how I feel about these sorts of things.

"It's true what they say: the grass is always greener, and you don't really know what it is you have until it's gone." - Conker the Squirrel, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Rare 2001

2/11/2024 - Update 3: So it turns out that about a few days before I had asked Sindex on Reddit to help us find Stupid Mario again, that a fine individual known as ThatEntityGirl had used the same compiler to reupload the series on their own accord and upload much of it onto Archive.org itself into a watchable playlist, which will be given its own link above! I'll have to say though, I definitely would've had no idea to see if there were any on that site tbh, so shout-out to them for letting us know on Pikachufan2124 aka Conker's own wiki for doing so! Very glad to know that sooner or later we likely would've been able to watch it even if I hadn't asked lmao, archivists rock! Another link I'll be adding above is for a Stupid Mario playlist on YouTube that Sindex made for easier viewing. On a final note, for any more potential update posts regarding previously found Handy Man content simply being re-uploaded onto other media platforms, they very likely will not be as long as these last two have. These are mostly long out of great respect to the first of those who have either archived the metadata or re-uploaded it, rather than just simple link updates.

Back to top Go down

An exciting announcement regarding the re-uploading of the Stupid Mario series!
Page 1 of 1