The Third Dimension
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Third Dimension

An unescapable family of stupidity

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Statement about the site's security.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Monkey-Chicken
True Warrior
Monkey-Chicken

KJC Character
Name: SuperEvilChach
Alignment: Evil

Statement about the site's security. Empty
PostSubject: Statement about the site's security.   Statement about the site's security. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2019 3:38 am

Please trust me, I'm aware this forum is deader than a failed pregnancy thrown into a bonfire, and I almost probably certainly should've addressed this the first time when the one about the SMW discord was posted, but I feel it's my duty to say something after having thought about the unsecure connection this site has. None of us feel like paying for the certificate to make this memorial secure in the long run, because as far as I know none of us really have enough money to upkeep it. I'm certain everyone active here would hate to see anyone logging in to the site get hacked, but we can't guarantee your safety, especially after thinking about what probably lead to bots invading our discord. Forumotion seems pretty secure in general, but you can never be too certain.

Another likely bigger reason is that you may encounter a fake Firefox update window on this site, it'll look fake to hopefully everyone. However in case you're using Firefox, and it might just be because I'm still using Windows 7 at this point, keep an eye out on that. I also get the feeling that similar shit might run across on your tabs and I'd encourage everyone to be pretty careful browsing this site at this point. Make sure your anti-malware, vpn, ad-blockers, anything that would give something unsavory a hard time, updated as if it were tomorrow's update.

I guess a third statement I'd like to address is that if we ever get attacked in any sense, because I'm certain there's all kind of ways people can utilize technology to be malicious at this point, we'll do our utmost best to make sure everyone on this site's email list knows about the situation. Honestly if we are attacked I'd probably just recommend everyone delete their info off here so that MAYBE they can't get to it. Most likely if it gets really severe I'd convene with the rest of the known active authority on this site about deleting it too. It's better they get left with potentially absolutely nothing than being able to probably having something personal about someone.

All of this being said, I hope everyone has a good time browsing what's left of these forums, and if anyone wants to discuss anything on here, please do so without any hesitation, even if it's a massive amount of shitposting, I really don't care at this point. That was pretty much what this site and the Aceboard site mostly consisted of in the past anyway.

UPDATE - Good news spirits of this forum, we've made the memorial more secure thanks in part to SMR getting us a certificate! We should also very soon be able to remove the damned ads from this site as well! These ads are radioactive as shit and we plan on not letting that be a significant part of here in the slightest! I will provide another update here about that event when it happens!

UPDATE 2 - I'm just now rereading this post as of Jan 2024, and I'm pretty sure the ads are gone since the first edit to this post, at least from my end. I remember having uBlock at that point, and I was still getting them. As they seem absent currently, I believe "that event" has indeed happened!

Last edited by Monkey-Chicken on Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : The evil ads are gone (for the moment), yay!)
Back to top Go down

Statement about the site's security.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Third Dimension :: General Stuff-
Jump to: