The Third Dimension
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Third Dimension

An unescapable family of stupidity

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[Prototype] and Why It Kicks Major Ass

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Glitch

Glitch

KJC Character
Name: Craig
Alignment: Neutral

[Prototype] and Why It Kicks Major Ass Empty
PostSubject: [Prototype] and Why It Kicks Major Ass   [Prototype] and Why It Kicks Major Ass Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 11:55 pm

[Prototype]

Story
The main character, which you play as, is named Alex Mercer,
Spoiler:
and he kicks major ass. Why?
Spoiler:
He's been injected with a virus giving him superhuman agility and strength.
Spoiler:
You have to regain your memories because god apparently dropped another amnesiac hero on the side of the road. Now, you may wonder what makes this game different from GTA or Crackdown. Well, your character is so powerful and bad ass, he could probably give god himself a black eye. There is seriously a mission where you have to single handedly take down 10 helicopters without any vehicles. Just look at the trailers! YOU CAN HIJACK HELICOPTERS IN MID-AIR!

Controls
The controls of this game are amazingly fluent. Sprinting/freerunning/parkour is made easy by holding down the right trigger (or whatever) and running. Weapon selection is smoothed out by the fact that for a brief time when the selection wheel opens, time slows down, as it does when first locking on to a target. My only control complaint was the Devastator attacks, which require sometimes awkward button combinations. (e.g. X + B)

5 Reasons You Should Buy This Bad Boy

1. Automatic Free Running - Just hold a button and run for some kick ass moves

2. Tons of Powers - Choose from 5 weapons, 2 vision modes (thermal/infected), disguise, and 2 defense modes

3. Good Story - If you listen, you can actually get some good material out of this game

4. Skyjacking - I felt the ability to hijack a helicopter in midair was enough for its own number

5. Characters - Your character was about as badass as Jesus riding a velociraptor through Times Square on fire, since he wasn't emotionally distressed, just hell-bent on revenge. As a bonus, the bitchy, annoying female counterparts of yours
Spoiler:
disappear.

Last edited by Glitch on Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
kirbyman

kirbyman

PostSubject: Re: [Prototype] and Why It Kicks Major Ass   [Prototype] and Why It Kicks Major Ass Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 11:42 am

i saw the review for that on GT it looks pretty good...if only i had a 360...
Back to top Go down
Owen556

Owen556

KJC Character
Name: Travis

PostSubject: Re: [Prototype] and Why It Kicks Major Ass   [Prototype] and Why It Kicks Major Ass Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 5:36 pm

kirbyman wrote:
i saw the review for that on GT it looks pretty good...if only i had a 360...
FAILTACULAR!
Back to top Go down
Scweeb

Scweeb

KJC Character
Name: Michael Jackson
Alignment: Good

PostSubject: Re: [Prototype] and Why It Kicks Major Ass   [Prototype] and Why It Kicks Major Ass Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 7:24 pm

I gave it a 10/10! This game pens!
Back to top Go down
fredship

KJC Character
Name: Dude

PostSubject: Re: [Prototype] and Why It Kicks Major Ass   [Prototype] and Why It Kicks Major Ass Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 7:31 pm

That game is almost good enough of a reason to go out right now and buy an Xbox 360. Almost.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Prototype] and Why It Kicks Major Ass   [Prototype] and Why It Kicks Major Ass Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Prototype] and Why It Kicks Major Ass
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Third Dimension :: Basic Forum Stuff :: Video Games-
Jump to: