The Third Dimension
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Third Dimension

An unescapable family of stupidity

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Guitar Hero World Tour Review (wii)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kirbyman

kirbyman

Guitar Hero World Tour Review (wii) Empty
PostSubject: Guitar Hero World Tour Review (wii)   Guitar Hero World Tour Review (wii) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 6:51 pm

Guitar Hero World Tour Review (wii) Guitar-Hero-World-Tour-8

Overview
Guitar Hero world tour is the fourth game in the guitar hero series. The new gimmick this time around is to have the full band experience with bass, guitar, drums, and vocals. But can this game overtake rockband?

New Features
Aside from the 2 new instruments (drums and vocals), The game has a create a rocker mode, song creator mode, and *gasp* DLC. Here's my take on the 3.

CREATE A ROCKER
here you can essentially make whoever you want to be as a rocker. I don't believe that you will be able to make yourself here though because the hair is a bit too poofy and it really is impossible to make the right face. The only hair that seems semi-normal is the emo hair (strangly enough). The clothes are okay, but if you don't want a complete freak, you might not find too much.

There is also a spot to create your own instruments. It really is cool because it lets you express yourself in your guitar.There are a ton of options to make sure you come out with a different guitar each time. The only let down is that they call all of the guitars wierd names so that you will have to stop and wait for it to load the guitar shape, which takes about 8 seconds each time. I only wish they called them by their real names, like Les Paul instead of " master blaster" or flying V instead of the other crap they call them.

I give the create a rocker an A- For its not so great character design but outstanding instrument designs and diversity.

SONG CREATOR or GH TUNES
here you can jam out and make your own rockin song. unfortunately, i found it increadibly hard to get something going. You really have to know what you're doing to get the right sounds you want. I also found it a bit too deep and the tutorials didn't help much.
GH Tunes is a place where you can upload your songs and download other peoples songs. Its preety cool when you start seeing mario songs and canon rock. I give it a B+

Thank god the wii has DLC now!!!!! each song is only 200 WP (wii points) each, but they take up a lot of space in your memory. I recommend using an sd card. Unfortunately, you still can't get track packs on wii.

I also found it strange that you can only have 3 bands and can't switch between them during the main menu. You have to reset the game to switch between them.

WI-FI CONNECTION
Has all of the instruments except vocals, and has a ton of modes. Unfortunately for expert players, they will be dissipointed that you cannot specify for other expert players when easy and medium players keep coming up.I think that the new 4 VS 4 band play would be a blast if anyone was ever on it. I got a full band together once and we waited 40 minuites online for another band to play. never got one. what a shame. It also saddened me when I heard you can only connect 2 wii's at a time, so no calling up all your buddies for some band play, unless you have 2 players at each end. I give the online play an A-

Reviews for each instrument:

DRUMZ Guitar Hero World Tour Review (wii) Guitar_hero_world_tour_-_wii_drums__angled_pl_ju23_948727586422225
Good, but not great. The cymbals are a bit awkward but can get used to. But the controls aren't what kills them. Its the gameplay. For one, drum fills aren't nearly as fun as in rock band. Your drums dont get louder so you can hear them to give it they're good sound and they can go overboard on them sometimes. you'll find youself just jamming like crazy between muinute lond fills, sounding terrible. And the way to activate star power is pretty bad too. you must hit both cymbals at the same time to activate starpower. This is bad because what if your in a really fast and comlicated part and don't wanna lose you combo? too bad, you have to miss a note to activate SP. i give them a B-

VOCALZ Guitar Hero World Tour Review (wii) 31Qba057j1L._SL500_AA280_
They're okay, thank god for the scrolling option because the other way is terrible, trust me. Singing in any pitch is okay, but for some songs, low is just too low for me. BECAUSE I KEPT FAILING HEY MAN NICE SHOT!!!!!!!!! wtf? They're fun when you get the band together but alone, its just not what guitar hero is. I give vocals a B-

GUITAR AND BASS .Guitar Hero World Tour Review (wii) 2604049922_1d83d382ac
Guitar is great. hammer ons and pull offs work great. the new slider bar in one word: SUCKS. in some cases its useful Ex. Hot 4 teacher or satch boogie but most of the time, its useless. so are the purple slider notes. the put them in in random parts, and sice you can just play them with the normal buttons, whats the point!?!?!? Other than this small infringement, guitar is great. A+
Bass is pretty much the same thing but they have open note now, which means you strum without pressing any buttons. They make bass more interesting and a bit more fun too. i give bass an A+ too.

OVERALL:I give Guitar hero world tour an B+ because of some of its good and not so great new modes and tools in the gameplay But what really hurt it was the fact that you had to have a wiimote for each instrument. I just can't beleive thet. I just spent $180 on the instruments and now i have to get more remotes for more people!?!?!?! I just bought the controllers i shouldn't have buy more normal controllers to play with my gh controllers!!!!!!!! You don't have to put fucking ps3 or 360 controllers in the controllers to play it do you? no, you just bought the fucking controllers. Sorry if anyone was offended during my AVGN moment. that just really pisses me off grinds my gears.
Back to top Go down
Scweeb

Scweeb

KJC Character
Name: Michael Jackson
Alignment: Good

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero World Tour Review (wii)   Guitar Hero World Tour Review (wii) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 7:17 pm

I got that game! KICKASS!
Back to top Go down
King_Jirachi

King_Jirachi

KJC Character
Name: King Geno

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero World Tour Review (wii)   Guitar Hero World Tour Review (wii) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 8:14 pm

Its GH, so id probably give it a 0/10 if I played it.
Back to top Go down
kirbyman

kirbyman

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero World Tour Review (wii)   Guitar Hero World Tour Review (wii) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 3:38 pm

*facepalm* Rockband fanboy!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Glitch

Glitch

KJC Character
Name: Craig
Alignment: Neutral

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero World Tour Review (wii)   Guitar Hero World Tour Review (wii) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 6:06 pm

kirbyman wrote:
DRUMZ Guitar Hero World Tour Review (wii) Guitar_hero_world_tour_-_wii_drums__angled_pl_ju23_948727586422225
Good, but not great. The cymbals are a bit awkward but can get used to. But the controls aren't what kills them. Its the gameplay. For one, drum fills aren't nearly as fun as in rock band. Your drums dont get louder so you can hear them to give it they're good sound and they can go overboard on them sometimes. you'll find youself just jamming like crazy between muinute lond fills, sounding terrible. And the way to activate star power is pretty bad too. you must hit both cymbals at the same time to activate starpower. This is bad because what if your in a really fast and comlicated part and don't wanna lose you combo? too bad, you have to miss a note to activate SP. i give them a B-

Guitar Hero: Metallica. Look it up. 2 kick pedals. Fuck yeah.
Back to top Go down
King_Jirachi

King_Jirachi

KJC Character
Name: King Geno

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero World Tour Review (wii)   Guitar Hero World Tour Review (wii) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 10:26 pm

kirbyman wrote:
*facepalm* Rockband fanboy!!!!!!

Im sure rockband is just as bad.
Back to top Go down
kirbyman

kirbyman

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero World Tour Review (wii)   Guitar Hero World Tour Review (wii) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 4:42 pm

Glitch wrote:
kirbyman wrote:

yea but that doesn't mean they'll change the gameplay at all.
Back to top Go down
Glitch

Glitch

KJC Character
Name: Craig

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero World Tour Review (wii)   Guitar Hero World Tour Review (wii) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 7:30 pm

kirbyman wrote:
Glitch wrote:
kirbyman wrote:

yea but that doesn't mean they'll change the gameplay at all.

Yeah. Stamping one foot mildly on the ground is exactly like stamping both feet wildly.
Back to top Go down
kirbyman

kirbyman

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero World Tour Review (wii)   Guitar Hero World Tour Review (wii) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 12:56 pm

lol my drums broke a few weeks after i posted this.
Back to top Go down
Owen556

Owen556

KJC Character
Name: Travis

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero World Tour Review (wii)   Guitar Hero World Tour Review (wii) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 4:30 pm

Its overpriced but fun. I have Rock Band 2. There all the same.
Well except for the songs. Rock Band 2 has sucky songs.
Back to top Go down
kirbyman

kirbyman

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero World Tour Review (wii)   Guitar Hero World Tour Review (wii) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 9:21 am

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero World Tour Review (wii)   Guitar Hero World Tour Review (wii) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guitar Hero World Tour Review (wii)
Page 1 of 1